My Photo
Name:
Location: Maryland, United States

Thursday, February 09, 2006

Cruise with me baby

Well, since the generally rule in life is whatever Nookie wants, Nookie gets, I’ll tell you about my cruise. We’ve got a 3 PM flight tomorrow out of National Airport. Stephen, Abbi and I are flying together. Stephen and I have been friends for a long time now. He’s going full out tourist on our cruise, complete with straw hat and Hawaiian shirts. I used to work with Abbi at NDU. She’s a little shy, but very sweet. Marie lives down in Norfolk, and her flight arrives in Miami around 11. She and I know each other because she had Caps season tickets until she moved. Like me, she’s been a life long fan. Hopefully Dan and Linda will be joining us at some point. Dan and Linda decided to drive in Dan’s Prius, because they are insane. Dan and Linda are the only couple. Dan, Linda, and Stephen do tech support for NIH. Dan actually helped get Linda her job. Dan and Stephen grew up best friends, and they are like pea pods. We like to tease them they really are the same person.

We’re sailing on the Carnival Triumph to the Eastern Caribbean. We leave on Saturday and return Saturday the 18th. In between, we visit San Juan, St. Thomas, and St. Maarten. Abbi and I are going on an excursion from St. Thomas to St. John with champagne and snorkeling. Abbi, Marie and I are going on an excursion in St. Maarten where we are going to this private water park to snorkel and feed the fishes. On Wednesday it’s my birthday, and my mom has promised me a surprise will be waiting on the ship. I have never done anything like this, so I am very excited. I did a lot of the planning and organizing, so I hope it goes well.

6 Comments:

Blogger kim (weltek) said...

*color me green*

San Juan has a rainforest that is AWESOME. If they offer a shore excursion tour for that, I HIGHLY recommend it. It's beautiful.

We shopped a lot in St. Thomas. People said St. Thomas was crap, but we kind of liked it. There's a Carribean Chocolate shop with tasty chocolates. And purchase lots of liquor if you so desire. the shops will deliver it to your ship so you don't have to carry it around.

Have a blast!

1:00 PM  
Blogger volsfan said...

I am so gellus! I went to St. Maarten on a cruise and just fell in love with the place.

Have fun and be safe!

6:30 AM  
Blogger BlindSlim~CSTL said...

I'm so gellus...I've still never made it on a cruise. I'm sure you will have a blast and all those hot guys on that boat better watch out.

7:36 AM  
Blogger ~Nutz said...

Oh, I'm not gellus at all. Nope. Not one bit.

Nutz <--- totally lying to you

3:58 PM  
Blogger Zombs said...

*looks at wet cold feet*

I bet your wet, cold feet are dangling in a crystal, clear ocean.

*stamps wet cold feet in socks*

I love St. Thomas, especially if you take the ferry to St. John's National Snorkeling park. Great place to snorkel. YOu can follow an underwater trail.

Have fun!

1:33 PM  
Blogger BlindSlim~CSTL said...

Just stopping in to wish you a Happy Birthday. I know you're out of the country having a blast and all but we haven't forgotten.

11:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home