My Photo
Name:
Location: Maryland, United States

Saturday, February 25, 2006

On the cruise-mostly about the food

We had a great time. The weather was awesome. Marie and Abbi had a room with a balcony on the 8th floor. Stephen, Dan, Linda and I were all the way down on the first floor. The room was actually pretty big, only the shower was small. I had to do a bit of contorting to shave my legs. I can't remember everything I ate on the ship, but it was all very good. Sometimes Dan and Stephen would order more than one entree. I never had chicken or pasta- I can have that at home. I had steak and fish and lobster and one night I even had duck. It was yummy. Our waiter Victor was super nice. By the first night he knew all of our names. He always said hi to me first though. :) On my birthday we had cake and everyone sang to me. When we first got to the formal dinning hall, we sat at a table where there was a group of five people at the table next to us. They asked us if we would move to the table behind us, because their entire family was with them but they were not sitting together. So of course we switched and they were do happy they got us a bottle of wine on my birthday. It was nice. I just dropped off my pictures, so hopefully I'll be able to post some soon. More later...

7 Comments:

Blogger kim (weltek) said...

It's about time! I've been waiting to hear & live vicariously through you! Glad you had a wonderful birthday & cruise!

7:04 AM  
Blogger Debcapsfan said...

*smooch* It's so nice to know that someone in cyber land has been waiting for an update. :)

7:32 AM  
Blogger mm said...

Glad you had a good time, Debs! Can't wait to see some pics!

8:14 PM  
Blogger Schnookie said...

Yay! Glad to see you back Deb. Can't wait to see pics. Did you get to go snorkling? I don't know if I could do that myself, I'd be too chicken, but it does look fascinating. How about other excursions?

Mr. Nookie's father just came back from a mediterranean cruise and highly recommended it. I think we'll take a cruise on our 10th wedding anniversary which will be in two years. Woohoo!

12:02 PM  
Blogger Schnookie said...

And, how wonderful to get a bottle of wine from the family on the cruise. One good deed does indeed reap benefits.

12:02 PM  
Blogger Puffy said...

I keep checking for updates, too. I want to hear more! Entertainment? Dancing in the bar? Excursions? Onboard romancing?

6:56 PM  
Blogger ~Nutz said...

It sounds like a wonderful birfday trip, Debs! How cool that you got a nice bottle of wine to go with that birfday cake.

Soooo... was Victor cute? Do you have pictures of him?

12:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home