My Photo
Name:
Location: Maryland, United States

Monday, June 19, 2006

In Praise of My Dad

I’m a daddy’s girl. It drives Ima crazy that I have him wrapped around my little finger. He’s like that with all of us, always going out of his way to help us. He loves hugging me and my sister tight…he calls them “double daughter hugs.”
Dad took me to my first Caps game when I was five, and I loved it. I loved the sights and sounds, and I loved that it was just me and my dad. Even when I was a total selfish, screwed up, horrible brat when I was in my first two years of college, dad I could still talk about hockey. I got him an Ovechkin jersey (autographed) and when he opened it he said “Woo-hoo!” I treasure all the articles he’s sent me, all the cheesy poems he writes me (one every year on my birthday) and all the hugs he’s given me. We watched Monster’s Inc. together and he got teary eyed at the end. I know he was thinking of me as the little girl. I’m proud to be his daughter.

More Jason stories tomorrow...I promise.

2 Comments:

Blogger Puffy said...

Give your dad an extra kiss from Puffy, OK? I wish I could kiss my dad.

1:51 PM  
Blogger ~Nutz said...

What a sweet little message to your dad.

*smooch*

9:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home