My Photo
Name:
Location: Maryland, United States

Monday, May 15, 2006

Mother's Day

It was a good day. My brother in law flew out to Denver in the morning, but we had it at my sister's house. My brother and his fiancee were there too. We made london broil, a beet salad from Paula Deen, cucumber salad, grilled veggies, fruit salad, and angel food cake with strawberries and cream. It was delicious. We played a game where we tried to guess some of mom's favorite things. Then at the end we told her one thing she taught us, one thing we hope for mom, and what we like best about her. I said she taught me to never be afraid to try anything, that it's never a dull moment around her, and I hope she has us around to love for years to come. And it's true. My Ima is an amazing woman. Quite simply, she rocks. :)

3 Comments:

Blogger Seana said...

Wow. That's so nice. I feel like a bad daughter. I just called my mom for a couple minutes and sent her some stuff in a email.

In my defense, as soon as we had stopped making cards and macaroni necklaces in school, Mom decided we'd stop doing Mother's Day.

6:13 PM  
Blogger ~Nutz said...

That sounds like a wonderful day for Ima! I love that you each told her some sentiments.

5:32 AM  
Blogger Puffy said...

I like your family game. What a memorable day! Did your little Ari give you lots of lovin' for your first mother's day?

9:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home