My Photo
Name:
Location: Maryland, United States

Friday, April 14, 2006

All Hail Alexander the Great



Alex had a goal and an assist last night to reach 50 goals and 100+ points. He now has 102 points. When I saw him the summer before last in Carolina at the draft, it was hard to believe he was THAT good. But he is...and it's really weird liking this team for so long and finally having a superstar. Wednesday at practice (some of my friends went, I was still recovering... ) the Caps goalie Olie Kolzig put on his helmet and shot a couple of pucks at Ovechkin, and immitated his huge celebrations... Ovy got back at him by slamming his stick on the crossbar like Olie does when he gets scored on after letting loose a string of curse words. Everyone watching cracked up. I love this kid, so much. He makes me excited for next season.

http://midatlantic.comcastsportsnet.com/media/video/capitals/capitals-041006.wmv

Video of Ovy getting hit in the face with shaving cream after point 100... very cute.

And just for fun...the goal of the year. Abbi and John and I were watching it at a bar and our jaws just dropped. W00t.

http://www.ovechkinfans.com/vids/goal32.avi

1 Comments:

Blogger Nailbone said...

I'm pulling for the Stars, but in any predictions I do, I'm predicting the Avs. It's a reverse curse kinda thing.

7:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home