My Photo
Name:
Location: Maryland, United States

Thursday, April 20, 2006

My Jason Story

I’ve known Jason for about six years now. He’s Greek, with dark hair and dark eyes. He’s over six feet tall…and he’s always been a little on the doughy side. That was until this year, when he lost about thirty pounds. Now he’s exactly like I like em, long and lean.
My roommate and I had been getting along horribly for several months, and I decided to move out right around New Year’s Eve. Unfortunately I picked a place that was being built and wasn’t ready until April, but that’s another story. We have a lot of the same friends, and Jason is one of them. In fact, Jason and my roommate grew up together. Jason and I talked on New Year’s Eve for a couple of hours about my roommate, and I cried a little. Jason made me feel a lot better, and at the end of our chat, he hugged me. Let me tell you, it was like lightning struck me. It suddenly occurred to me that Jason was hot.
After that, I asked him to have lunch with me, saying that I was going to be in his area anyway doing some shopping. He ended up inviting me over to his house. He made salmon and tomatoes and sweet potatoes. We had Greek coffee at the end, which was different but good. It was a fantastic date. We are already comfortable with each other, so there was no warming up and making awkward small talk. He made me laugh a lot. I dragged him with me to Target to get a few things for my new place, and we looked at kittens at the Pet Smart. As I was going to leave, there was an uncomfortable pause, and I leaned over to kiss him. He offered me his cheek. So I left.
A couple of weeks later, I asked him to have dinner with me. Again we had a lovely time. He’s very nice, and funny, and smart. We talked for a long time. At dessert he told me that he really likes me, but he doesn’t want to have to choose between dating me and staying friends with my roommate. My roommate and I are civil to each other, but I must confess he is not my favorite person. I’m not sure it’s that big a deal though. All of our other mutual friends have adjusted just fine. We talked more that night, and as he was walking out the door, I stroked his cheek and told Jason that he shouldn’t deny himself what he really wants.
That was it. He helped me move furniture that one day, and we went to dinner with our friend Mark and my roommate. He emailed to ask me how my surgery was which was sweet of him. I’m not going to push him. We’ll see what happens.

3 Comments:

Blogger kim (weltek) said...

Oooh, good story! I think you are wise to be taking your time with this one. If you play slightly hard to get, he may eventually get curious if you still are crushing on him & decide it's worth pursuing. Make a point of maintaining that civil relationship with your old roomie.

How are you feeling? Fully recovered from the surgery?

10:05 AM  
Blogger Puffy said...

You have more guts than I do. Tell us all about your new place. How do you like living with no roommates?

8:53 AM  
Blogger ~Nutz said...

So? did you get a new kitty yet? *grin*

If it is meant to be, it will happen. It's really tough when you feel like you have to choose between a friend and a relationship. Have patience.

*smooch*

8:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home