My Photo
Name:
Location: Maryland, United States

Friday, December 08, 2006

My Family Kicks Ass

We spent last weekend in Colonial Williamsburg. Last year it was just Ima, Leah, and myself. And gosh was it COLD. This year though it was everyone. (I was talking to my gym owner and he asked me if Jason and I had our own room and I just looked at him. I am 29 years old. Sheesh.)
We had an awesome time. Saturday the local garden club decorates several of the historic houses for Christmas with wreaths and those topiary thingies and they decorate the fireplaces. It's really stunning. I know if I grabbed some apples some flowers and some greens and tried to make a wreath it would not look that good. Leah and Ima and I did that while we left the guys to their own devices. Saturday night Jon and Kate arrived and we all went to dinner at Kings Arms Tavern. It was delicious. Saturday night Jon, Kate, Leah, Andrew, Jason and I talked til about midnight. All the kids are at a bit of a crossroads. Jon's married to Kate now, and they are going back to Ithica, NY to start their PhD's at Cornell. Leah is applying to PhD programs around the country and will be taking Andrew with her. :) It was nice to chat for a while.
Sunday we went to lunch with Ima and dad and Jon and Kate. Leah and Andrew met their friends for lunch. Jason bought me this lovely garnet ring set in silver from the jewler. It's handmade and gorgeous. I couldn't stop smiling after he gave it to me. He's such a sweetie. We walked back to the hotel and took a nice nap. We had a late night Saturday so it was much enjoyed. We met everyone back in the historic area and waited for Grand Illumination. They have singers and entertainers and they light the historic buildings with candles in the windows. And they have fireworks. Leah caught some kind of bug so Andrew took her back to the hotel (which was too bad) but the rest of us really enjoyed it. I had a lovely time.

We got home and continued our Williamsburg experience after we got home by having ham biscuits and gingerbread cookies picnic style. It was so nice.

1 Comments:

Blogger ~Nutz said...

Sounds like fun!

*looks at Debs' purty new ring*

Ooooh! Nice! *grin*

12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home