My Photo
Name:
Location: Maryland, United States

Thursday, April 19, 2007

Connections

I was thinking about the people who are closest to me and why.
My mom and dad are terrific people AND my parents. They love me unconditionally. They are cheerleaders, scholars, therapists, and role models all in one. Ima and I share a love of history and learning. Dad and I share a love of all things hockey.
Our relationship has deepened over the years to something very rich and wonderful.

My sister is my rock. She is the sunnier side of me. I love how much joy she brings to everyone she comes in contact with. She is my best friend.

I wish I was closer to my brother. In a lot of ways, I feel he's too Ivy for the rest of my family. He's got that elitist thing going on. He got really upset when we were down in Williamsburg this past December that we keep him out of the loop. He hasn't made much of an effort to bridge the gap though.

I actually lived with Dan for a little while...I was living with my ex and he was in the other room until he went to Europe. He and his girlfriend Linda are probably my closest friends now. They are hilarious, and perfectly suited for each other.

My sister and I went out for dinner and to find her a dress in June, shortly after I started dating Jason. I remember vividly sitting at the table and telling her that I knew it sounded crazy, but I was absolutely sure that Jason was the person I was meant to be with. And she smiled, and told me it wasn't crazy at all.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Paul said...

I always enjoy when you write about your family. Ours is pretty close, although I'm not as close with my two younger brothers as I'd like to be. But then again, they're best friends in addition to being brothers.

In the past couple years, I've been patching up relations with my younger sister; I did some things in our past to drive her away from me.

At least we aren't a family that doesn't speak to each other.

And last and furthest from least: my mom and dad just celebrated their 48th wedding anniversary.

8:26 AM  
Blogger Puffy said...

I enjoy reading about your family, too. Do you call your dad, Abba?

3:52 PM  
Blogger Debcapsfan said...

Sometimes. A lot of times I call him daddy. I'm such a daddy's girl. :)

11:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home