My Photo
Name:
Location: Maryland, United States

Monday, February 26, 2007

Birthday Party

Last Saturday Jason kindly hosted my birthday jam. My sister came up early and made some of my favorite foods for dinner...chimichangas and grilled veggies. She brought lemon bars for dessert. Abbi came over next, bringing a lot of alcohol. Then Eric and Laura arrived, as well as Dan and Linda, and the party was in full swing. Marie and Sev and Kevin were the last folks to show. To me, all a good party needs is good food, good tunes, and good people. I made some CDs off Itunes before I got to Jason's. I made mozarella and tomatoes with balsamic and olive oil and put the mixture on garlic Triscuits. It was a big hit. We had sausage and cheese and fruit. Oh, and port wine cheese. I love me some port wine cheese. Much to my surprise, my friends brought presents too. Eric and Laura got me 4 wine glasses (which is awesome because I only have 2), Leah got me an Ovechkin Calder Cup t-shirt and a hockey trivia book, Dan and Linda got me this horror board game, and Marie loaded up a bag with bottles of tequilla and vodka and jagr. She loves me. :) She even got me a cat toy.
We played Celebrities, where you give clues to get the names of famous people. You can pretty much do it however you want without saying the name to get them to guess. I was on a team with Abbi and Marie and we kicked butt.
My favorite was when I used Dr. Phil and the hockey player Boyd Gordon to have them guess Phil Gordon. Only Abbi and Marie would have gotten that so fast.
We all definitely tied one on, as was evidenced by the empty bottles the next morning. Dan and Linda slept over, but were gone when we got up. And Abbi stayed as well. We had sweet potato pie and coffee for breakfast at 11:30. Of course, we went to bed at 4 AM.
It was an excellent party.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger kim (weltek) said...

Can Jason & your friends throw me a birthday party? That sounds wicked fun!

8:56 AM  
Blogger Puffy said...

No kidding, kim, sounds like a fantastic party!

Deb, come see how well you do on the test on my blog.

6:46 PM  
Blogger mm said...

Wow, sounds great! Glad you had so much fun, Debs. :)

12:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would never make it until 4 a.m. Never, ever.

4:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home