My Photo
Name:
Location: Maryland, United States

Monday, January 29, 2007

Weekend Review

Saturday Jason and I went to the Washington Auto Show. It was completely packed, but it was really cool. In a couple of years (hopefully) I'd like to either get an Acura TSX or a Toyota Camry Hybrid. I sat in them both, and they are very nice. They are super fancy compared to my Mo (he's a 99 Civic) and he doesn't even have a CD or tape player. I think they became standard the year after I bought the car. After the Auto Show we had a nice dinner of steak and wild mushroom rice. We watched the Fifth Element. I had never seen it before, and I thought it was a good movie.
Sunday I went and got a facial at the Aveda Salon in King Farm. King Farm is this hoity toity village of apartments and townhomes with nice restauarants and a grocery store in walking distance. I had the worst date of my life with a guy who lived there. *shudders*
The facial was very nice and pampering. The lady told me I had very good, young skin. Thanks, Ima! She's almost 60 and her skin is really lovely. She waved three different scents under my nose to try, and I picked tangerine. It was so yummy...I wanted to eat my face. I was a little sleepy on the drive home so it's a good thing I didn't have to go far.
I got on AIM and saw that Danny was online, so I invited him and Linda to dinner. I called Steve and Jason and everyone met at my place. We went to Applebees and sat and sat. I probably should have either gone to the hostess and asked her to reseat us, or tried to flag down someone on the staff. The waitress told the table near us that something the guy was eating was comped which leads me to think he complained. Everyone wanted to watch the Dresden Files so we just went to Red Robin instead. I had a yummy fruity drink called Sand in Your Shorts, and a burger. Dan and Steve both got hamburgers with a fried cheese wheel and a fried egg on it, because they are insane. :)
We had a good time.
We got back to watch the show just as it was starting. It was pretty good. I liked the first episode better. They are based on a series of books written by Jim Butcher. They suck you in, but are extremely violent. It was a bit of a shock with the first book for me. But the show is not nearly as violent, at least so far. Still pretty suspenseful though.
I have one more day here at work that will be completely boss free. I am going to enjoy it as much as possible. :)

2 Comments:

Blogger HistoryDetective said...

Sounds like a fun weekend.

You car should date my car: 1997 Honday Civic LX, also lacking a tape/CD player.

6:08 PM  
Blogger Paul said...

Mmmmm . . . fried food . . . (/Homer)

I think my LDLs are going up just thinking about it!

1:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home