My Photo
Name:
Location: Maryland, United States

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

I'll Try Just About Anything

I have a very low embarassment threshhold.
I am not sure why- I guess I just don't really care what people think of me.
I volunteered for an AIDS Walk here in Washington DC my junior year of college. One of my jobs that summer was to sign people up for the walk at the Capital Pride Parade. We stopped people at the metro station and got a bunch of signatures (everyone was very nice) and then we were allowed to watch the parade.
At one point, the parade got a little log jammed, and there was a gap between floats of a couple of minutes. In the middle of the gap was a huge blue balloon.
I decided I wanted the balloon, so I walked out into the middle of the street and bent down. I put my arms around it to pick it up.
Boom! Bits of balloon went everywhere.
I laughed, and blushed a little and then stood up and took a bow.
Everyone clapped for me. :)

2 Comments:

Blogger BlindSlim~CSTL said...

I think I could stand to learn a bit about humility from you. I get embarrassed too easily and thus hold back a lot. Congratulations on your last post btw.

9:23 AM  
Blogger kim (weltek) said...

I think that's an awesome quality. And FWIW, I could totally tell that about you when we met. :-)

I have a pretty high threshold, too, but still care about what others think a bit too much.

9:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home