My Photo
Name:
Location: Maryland, United States

Thursday, April 03, 2008

RIP Doc

In my previous job at the National Defense University, I created the travel orders for the university. I got to know a lot of the staff because they do a lot of traveling for the government.
Dr. Robert Armstrong was one of my favorite staff members.
He was always friendly, and very charming. He made me laugh all the time.
He would forget his orders all the time and I would have to send them to him again.
It was understandable if he was distracted because he had cancer.
And the prognosis wasn't good.
For a while when I was working there he was very sick and missed a lot of work.
When I left NDU he was doing a little better but it still didn't look good.
I found out today that he passed away.
He was a Vietnam Veteran and retired from the Army reserves.
He was truly a gentleman and a scholar. And he was a spirited fighter, who fought cancer for longer than anyone thought he would.
I will miss him.

4 Comments:

Blogger Paul said...

God rest his soul.

3:19 PM  
Blogger Swami said...

Sorry about Dr. Armstrong, Debs. Good people leave a real void in your life when they pass. I still have such fond memories of my favorite college prof...

6:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

RIP.

*hugs Deb*

5:37 PM  
Blogger Puffy said...

Hi Deb
I didn't reply to your thread about your grammy on OT because I have 1 post left until I reach 5000 and I'm not sure where I want to put it. Silly, isn't it?

I do want you to be reassured that your grammy knows how much she is loved by her family and she is surrounded by that love. May your family's love and closeness carry you all through this difficult time.

*hugs*

5:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home