My Photo
Name:
Location: Maryland, United States

Sunday, November 18, 2007

I am more stubborn than my cheap bathroom fixtures

I just spent a half an hour struggling to put up a new shower curtain I just bought.
I also bought a liner, but then it occurred to me the only one who sees me in my shower is Ari. I bought these very nice looking metal hooks to go with it, and tried several times to put them on a cheap hollowed out aluminum shower curtain rod. *sigh* Fortunately, I had some of the cheap plastic hooks from Target so I used those. I managed to break the end off the curtain rod, so it took me a while to get the curtain rod to stay without collapsing again. Then I got the curtain up. My arms ache, but I won't spray water all over the floor tomorrow. It does look nice, even with plastic hooks. I can't wait to have my own house so I can decorate it the way I want. *grin*
Jason and I joined a gym on Thursday. It's really nice. IT HAS A POOL. Words cannot express how excited I am about this. I'm going swimming tomorrow after work.
I have Thanksgiving at Jason's cousin's house on Thursday. Now that Jason has told me what his parents' issue with me is (and honestly, it's even more ridiculous than I ever could have imagined) I think it's going to be even weirder than before.
But I'm going...because when you love someone, you support them. Even if it means putting up with their wack-job family. *snicker* And I have dinner with my family the next day to balance it out.

12 Comments:

Blogger Swami said...

Putting up with a wack-job family is lifetime committment, lol. What is there issue with you? Tom's wack-job family had issues with me because I was a non-Catholic divorcee. I'm still laughing because of the 4 catholic-on-catholic marriages among his siblings, all ended in divorce. The catholic-on-pagan marriages are doing just fine! Altho the catholics have kind of gone all pagan...

I couldn't get my fancy fish shower hooks onto the kid's bathroom shower rod either, so my fish curtain had cheap plastic hooks.

9:32 AM  
Blogger Swami said...

And I used "there" instead of "their". I'm kinda of out of it today.

9:34 AM  
Blogger Paul said...

Ladycub and I are so gellus that you found a nice gym with a pool! All we have up here in Fredneckia is the Y with its way undersized and overcrowded pool. Or there are places like Hood College which has the pool but no gym.

2:02 PM  
Blogger Mom2BJM(Amy) said...

We have a crazy shower curtain thing two, it'll fall if you sneeze at it! It needs to have a shower door installed, but it takes me forever to get around to those home improvement things. Besides, we want to have the ceiling raised in there, so don't want to put the door in yet!!

We, too, have two dinners this week! My cousin with the big house, her hubby is a firefighter who has to work on Thurs, so my family is having dinner on Friday. DH's sister is coming from UT, (if she ever makes it) so we'll have his family dinner on Thursday!

Enjoy your dinners!

5:41 AM  
Blogger Mom2BJM(Amy) said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

5:41 AM  
Blogger Mom2BJM(Amy) said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

5:41 AM  
Blogger frodis said...

I agree with Swami, putting up with wack-job family is indeed a lifetime commitment!

Hooray for your gym! We're quitting ours. We never go. We are going to take the money we've been spending on gym membership and buy some home exercise equipment (that we will never use.)

Happy Thanksgiving!

6:25 PM  
Blogger Puffy said...

Frodis, I'm surprised that you don't know how nice your clothes will hang on the new home exercise equipment.

I hope your Thanksgiving went well, Deb. I'm curious too, about their issue with you. Are you too cute for their son?

11:17 PM  
Blogger Swami said...

*Swami hoists a left-over, deep-dish, apple cobbler pie high over her head, winds up, throws and...*

!!!SPLAT!!!
Gotchya.

8:03 AM  
Blogger BlindSlim~CSTL said...

Hope you had a good thanksgiving. I'm going to have to battle our cheap bathroom fixtures myself after the drugs the orthodontists gave me wear off.

1:00 AM  
Blogger Mom2BJM(Amy) said...

Sorry for the triple post! Just noticed it, not sure what happened!

Have a great day, Debs!

5:58 AM  
Blogger kim (weltek) said...

All gyms don't have pools (well, I know the Curves type ones don't)? I guess I've been spoiled over the years.

I hope you get to take some fun classes. Like kickboxing. You can take out your frustrations after the weekend. :-)

11:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home