My Photo
Name:
Location: Maryland, United States

Monday, August 13, 2007

I am orientated

I had orientation for grad school today in Waynesboro, VA. I learned a lot about what I should take, and what I shouldn't and in what order. I didn't get to meet my advisor so I'll have to contact her. I'm glad I'm not driving back now, it took me 3 1/2 hours to get here and my eyes are sort of closing as I type this. It was a lot of information to take in. Plus, I'm having dinner with the Director of the school, the Cohort coordinator, and the lady in charge of distance education. Oh and the woman teaching my course. Look at me networking. :) I'll drive home tomorrow after I've had breakfast. The hotel breakfast has a waffle maker. I didn't try it today but I might tomorrow. I met a bunch of people from Northern Virginia, some of whom work for Fairfax County libraries with Ima. This one lady took all of our emails so we can keep in touch. We all have to take the same introductory course to start so we'll all be in class together.
I still have more things to do before I start class, I have to pay (heh) and I have to order my textbooks. I'm really excited about getting started. Now I think I will nap.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger kim (weltek) said...

Congrats on taking that first step. Sounds like it was a fun time!

9:36 AM  
Blogger kim (weltek) said...

Oh, and I love the hotel waffle makers!

9:36 AM  
Blogger Shmee said...

Dont forget the best part of starting school: new school clothes. Some say that this tradition stops when you leave HS, but I disagree.

8:04 AM  
Blogger Puffy said...

I didn't know that your Ima is a librarian, too. I love making fresh waffles at the hotels which give breakfast. The batter is in a cup and you just pour it in and flip the waffle maker upside down!

4:31 PM  
Blogger Bravie said...

Ohhhhh, orientations. Not oriental. I thought that maybe you were turning Japanese. *grin*

10:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home