My Photo
Name:
Location: Maryland, United States

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

A Picture


When I was in high school for senior year AP English, we got to do projects instead of a final since we were taking the AP test. My friend Art (yes, this led to several comic exhanges with my Ima) and I made a mural of a scene from Henry IV that took an entire wall of the class room. It was a lot of work. I have fond memories of painstakingly sponging in blades of grass different shades of green. My sister would stare at it a couple of years later in class when she was bored. The paint started to go a year later and they painted the wall white again, but it was pretty cool to be part of something that lasted.

4 Comments:

Blogger Puffy said...

That's great that it was left up on the wall for a few years!

4:04 PM  
Blogger Paul said...

Wow, nicely done! At first, I didn't realize it was a mural!

6:09 PM  
Blogger Swami said...

That's very cool, Deb. How nice that they let you all just have a go at the mural. And then kept it for years! All of my favorite HS memories are of the "extras" stuff like that.

8:12 AM  
Blogger mtw said...

Painting is one of those things that I truly don't understand how people do it. Artwork boggles my mind.

10:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home