My Photo
Name:
Location: Maryland, United States

Monday, June 04, 2007

Yes, I was Invited

Despite all the other times I was not invited, I was invited to Jason's parents for Memorial Day. It was fine. Their family is just very different than mine. They are not particularly affectionate outwardly towards each other. Jason's sister is very loud and brash. I suppose it will be fine if they are nice to my face but continue to badmouth me behind my back. I can only hope that will change over time and I can win them over. I just have to hope they give me a chance to do so.
Friday I took the day off and went to the Caps' minor league team playoff hockey game with Abbi. As soon as we arrived at the stadium it rained like mad. Thunder and lightning and buckets of rain. The power was even out for a bit before they could get things started. The best thing about minor league hockey is that everything is so cheap. The tickets were cheap, and my goodness, beer was $4.50. For a BIG one. The Bear's lost the game, but I had a good time anyway. I also take it as a good omen since we went last year to a game and they lost but went on to win the championship. We decided we need a larger sample of games before we declare ourselves bad luck.
Saturday morning we had to drive back because I was playing TMNT again. It was a lot of fun. Jason came by Dan's and we went back to my place. We saw most of the end of Game 3 of the Stanley Cup playoffs. Once I decided the game was pretty well decided I jumped Jason. If it had gone into overtime I probably would have made him wait....
Sunday I puttered around and did laundry and watched Ari nap. He's very adept at napping all over the apartment.
Tonight we are going to a talk at the Spy Museum on codebreaking from WWII. It should be cool.

3 Comments:

Blogger kim (weltek) said...

Glad it was a reasonably civil time at Jason's parents. Like you said, as long as they can be nice enough to your face, that's 50% of the battle.

I love the Spy Museum! Hope the talk is good.

I wish Chris was more of a fan of attending sporting events. You sound like you have a ton of fun.

12:06 PM  
Blogger Asrai said...

Visiting with the 'rents can be a very harrowing experience. I liek GF's family, and they like me, but I just don't feel like we really fit, but we make it work.

The spy things sounds like fun. Maybe I can find something like that 'round my parts o take the kids to.

*twirls*

10:31 AM  
Blogger ~Nutz said...

Wow! I amazed (and very glad) you were included in the family BBQ. As long as they are nice to your face, you can't even worry when (or even if) they talk behind your back.

LOL @ Ari's napping expertise! :D

6:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home