My Photo
Name:
Location: Maryland, United States

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

I'm a Travelin' Woman

We booked our trip to Seattle over the weekend for the peep meet. I'm excited. We are staying at a lovely looking b&b in Bellvue. The woman sounded very nice on the phone. Hopefully Friday night we can have dinner with people and break the ice. We are planning on renting a car too. We paid a little more to fly non-stop from DC. Apparently Jason hates the airport. It doesn't bother me as much. Although I'll admit the idea of spending four hours in a layover doesn't sound very appealing.

We have been thinking about going somewhere warm when it's cold, and wanted to go around January/February time. I suggested a cruise, and did some digging. So now we'll be cruising to Key West, Ocho del Rios, and the Cayman Islands. Our cruise just happens to fall over my birthday. *grin*

We may have a weekend trip or two over the summer as well. We have good friends who had a baby in January who we haven't seen since the little guy was born. And my brother and sister are talking about getting together with our cousins and significants too. I have lots of fun stories about my cousins and the fun we had growing up together.

That will have to wait. My GRE General Test is Saturday. It's 9:30 and I can barely keep my eyes open. So I'm going to put on my jammies and collapse into bed.
More later. *yawn*

3 Comments:

Blogger kim (weltek) said...

I'm totally jealous of your cruise.

You know, the extra cost of not haivng a layover probably offsets the amount of money you'd have spent in the airport on food & such!

Good luck on the GREs! I'll be thinking of you!

8:41 AM  
Blogger Puffy said...

You'll do great on the GRE's! You have so many fun things to look forward to. Nothing beats a warm vacation in the middle of winter.

7:30 PM  
Blogger Swami said...

Good luck on the GRE! Be sure to set your alarm clock tonight!

I was in Seattle a few years ago and thought it was a very nice city. I especially enjoyed the Science Fiction Museum that is right under the Space Needle thing, but then I am a huge SciFi geek.

12:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home