My Photo
Name:
Location: Maryland, United States

Thursday, July 26, 2007

Life is Good

I went over to Jason's last night and he made steak that we marinated in beer and some garlic couscous. It was yummy. I stayed over because I was super tired (the wine with dinner and amaretto in the dessert probably didn't help). So I dragged myself out of bed at 6 and drove home and took a shower.
I got sick and tired of having no DSL service. The modem was working fine, the connections were fine. My computer is fine...I called the tech support on Saturday at 1 and spent an hour troublee shooting things before it worked again. Then by 4 it was down again. The rest of the week, I'd wake up and have no service, and then I'd come home and it would be up again. Or vice versa. They told me they'd have to charge me to come out and fix it. Jason thinks I'm just out of good signal range for service but of course they offer it anyway to take my money. I called the cable modem people and they are coming today.
Sunday we went tubing with Marie and as we were going along this woman asked if Jason was my dad. Then she backpeddled a little and said Jason looked like he could be 26-35 and I could be 15-20. Jason told her he was 34 and I was 30 and she looked stunned. I know I look young for my age, but I didn't think it was THAT young. Sheesh.
JK Rowling's timing with the last book is perfect. I haven't started school, and I have no internet service at home. I am reading it slowly. I sort of understand the people that plowed through it, but this is it, so I am taking my time. And I'm not looking at any spoilers, so please don't tell me any.
This weekend we are going down to see our friends Kate and Jason who live in Raleigh. They had a baby boy in January. I can't wait to meet him...he looks super cute in pictures. We are going to lounge by their pool and just relax.
I have orientation for school on the 13th of August. I can't wait. Woooooooooo!!

7 Comments:

Blogger Swami said...

I love couscous but Tom can barely stand to be in the same room with it.

You marinate steak in beer? I have never done that but it sounds good.

We get our DSL through the phoneline since we live way out in the sticks. Maybe that would be a better option for you?

8:10 AM  
Blogger Asrai said...

Umm, hello? Maybe we should arrange a hook up since you'll be so fricken close to me this weekend. It's Karen's birthday weekend and the last weekend with my youngest before she goes back to Indy, but we might be able to manage something.

Mmmmm, beer steak! Nummy!

5:17 AM  
Blogger kim (weltek) said...

LOL-Jason does not look like your dad and you don't look 15! I agree, you look young, but not like 15 yo young.

Have fun at orientation!

9:00 AM  
Blogger Puffy said...

You're such a cute couple. Did she see you guys kissing? Daughters don't kiss their dads like that, I'm sure.

4:33 PM  
Blogger Paul said...

We've been happy with our DSL through Verizon; much cheaper than the point-to-point wireless we'd had!

Did you go tubing on Antietam Creek again? Man, I haven't been tubing in years. I fear I'd wind up like this guy. Actually, I've lost over 30 lbs. so far.

7:00 PM  
Blogger Shmee said...

Ooo, please finish Harry soon so I can discuss it with you! I have been accosting random people on the street who are holding the book and interrogating them about it. I expect to get arrested any day now...

9:32 PM  
Blogger kim (weltek) said...

Heeeey, you said you'd have more pics up today.

1:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home