My Photo
Name:
Location: Maryland, United States

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Deb's Daily Prayer

Dear Glod*
Grant me the strength to get through this day of work without killing any of my co-workers. Especially Kelli, with her high, annoying laugh, and her nice to your face but stab you in the back ways. I would also like the strength not to kill Linda, who thinks that I am doing an okay job but won't tell my boss that for fear of loosing her own job. And should I run into Larry, the boss, who thinks he is completely in the right by bulling me into quitting, then PLEASE, give me restraint not to tell him I think he is a butt nugget. Let me make it through the day without standing on my desk and telling them all that acting like I'm not going to be fired sucks. However, should you see fit to have Linda and Kelli have headaches and trouble sleeping (like last week), that would be fine. Should Larry suffer a long dating drought, that is okay. And should karma come down and smack them a new one, I will applaud, quietly.
Amen.

*see Terry Pratchett's Soul Music, which is an excellent book that I have read many times

2 Comments:

Blogger kim (weltek) said...

I looked at Soul Music on amazon...souds quite odd, but got fantastic reviews!

You said butt nuggget. :-) *hugs*

9:14 AM  
Blogger ~Nutz said...

Amen!

Maybe you can make some coworker voodoo dolls and inflict more pain upon them!

4:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home