My Photo
Name:
Location: Maryland, United States

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Heart Friends

There is this poem that we read in my sorority's initiation ceremony about heart friends, the kind of friends that enrich your life by being there. This weekend our friend Mark came back in to town from Houston where he moved in February. Jason and I went with him and Rachel to the Peter Paul and Mary concert. It was nice in a country where I feel like I hear "be a Republican and pro-Bush or die" all the time to hear "We Shall Overcome" at least for one evening. Rachel and Mark went all out with cheese and crackers and guacamole he made at the concert and wine and dessert. It was cool that night so I got to be all snuggly with Jason.
Sunday I went over to Dan's and he and Sev and Steve and I played Hackmaster, which is like D&D but much more complicated. Steve was extra super grouchy. Linda came over and we drove up to Columbia to meet Mark and Rachel for dinner before he left for Houston. He invited bunches of people, Laura and Rob and their baby son, Rachel's husband John, Mike and Cheryl (I'm probably not spelling that right but I don't know her all that well) and Jason met us there. It's been a long time since we've all been together like that. It was so nice. Oh, and Rachel took pictures of Jason and I at the concert that turned out very nice so if I get permission from a certain someone, I'll post them here.

4 Comments:

Blogger kim (weltek) said...

I want to hang out with Rachel & Mark so we can have yummy food at outdoor concerts. He made guacamole there? Wow.

Yes, the pics are a must. Tell him we voted. Or wait, maybe he'll see this himself. *waves to snoopy Jason* :-)

10:09 AM  
Blogger HistoryDetective said...

Looking forward to the photos...

I've never played Hackmaster. My GM is trying to get me to play an online version of 7th Sea.

I'll echo Kim's question. He didn't actually make the guacamole at the concert, did he?

5:55 AM  
Blogger ~Nutz said...

*waits very eagerly for pics of the super cute and happy couple*

11:34 AM  
Blogger mm said...

*sits with Nutz, Kim & HD, waiting for pics*

Glad you had a good time, Deb!

10:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home