My Photo
Name:
Location: Maryland, United States

Friday, August 18, 2006

Heart Friends Part II

Yes, guys, he made the guacamole at the concert. From scratch. It was yummy.
Hopefully I'll get in touch with him or Rachel to get pics to post. Really, I should just buy a digital camera already.
Last night I went with my best friend Sara, to the Eddie From Ohio concert. It's okay if you haven't heard of them, they are a folk rock band based in NOVA. Sara and I used to go to their concerts growing up when we'd have to go with our parents to get in to clubs since we were underage. One of the singers, Julie, is recovering from breast cancer. With Mary (of Peter Paul and Mary)'s lukemia recovery that makes two concerts in a week with lead singers who are cancer survivors. She dedicated one of the songs to the INOVA Cancer Center, and I choked up.
I've known Sara well since we were seven years old. (if I can snag my parent's scanner this weekend, I will post a picture) She's the kind of person where we can go a couple of years without seeing each other, and upon seeing each other for a few minutes, everything is as it was before. She's good people. I had such a good time with her. We talked a lot about all kinds of things.
I think this week has been a good reminder for me that I have people in my life who love and care about me, and support me no matter what I do, even if the people at my job think I am a irredeemable fuck up.

4 Comments:

Blogger kim (weltek) said...

Very sweet, Deb. I have a friend like that, too. Those are the best kind of friends to have.

11:12 AM  
Blogger kim (weltek) said...

Very sweet, Deb. I have a friend like that, too. Those are the best kind of friends to have.

11:12 AM  
Blogger HistoryDetective said...

So, did you get the pics yet? So very curious...

6:10 AM  
Blogger ~Nutz said...

*still waiting for picture permissions*

11:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home